Wednesday 6 February 2013

True Love of my heart Keepsake box

 
I found this new line by K&CO by Brenda Walton call Maison and fell in love with it. The colors and patterns are just yummy, I have almost the whole 2 paper packs that i bought gone with projects i am working on. It was perfect for this Vintage Shabby keepsake box i wanted to do. Im addicted to browns, whites and tans lately due to a friend of mine who is in love with those colors and i did a few projects for her, Now im hooked on brown tones... The emphemera on the top of the box was the piece kit that you could get to go with the paper pack collection. I painted the whole box in a linen color and than i distress everything in walnut ink by tim holtz.. the trim around the top of the box was from Sa Crafters Zibbet shop and i have been hoarding it because it is my fave trim... the bottom rosette trim is by Websters pages. I love the big feet i put on this box and i just left them plain but i think i might distress them, not sure yet. I bought them from Michaels in the wood section.   I have had a few friends ask how i get my texture on my keyholes and other chippie pieces.  I painted them with black acrylic paint, took heat tool and made the paint bubble, then i sprayed it with brown perfect pearl mist, let is set for a sec and heat set it to bubble in and give a vintage rusty feel..  . Any who enough chatter and i hope you enjoy my vintage love box. Thanks for stopping by, hugs

 
 
 
 
 




 

1 comment: