Friday 7 September 2012

Altered book stack using Teresa Collins vintage findings

ok so here was my second challenge i gave to myself, yup to do a stacked book set.  I have wanted to do them for quite a while and I was inspired to give it a try by all the talented crafters out there doing them up as project.  They just look so gorgeous I had to try.  It was alot of work, but i am please with the way it came out for my first try.  It is a good way to learn how to do something and to realize easier ways if you ever want to do them again for a second time...I used regular hard cover books that I already had read instead of trying to make my own from cardboard.  It was so much easier.  I painted them in gesso first so the papers would adhere better to the book covers.  I wanted a vintage feel and i just purchased Vintage Findings papers by Teresa Collins, i love the colors and design of this paper.  It goes perfect in my living room on my expresso colored coffee table.  So i hope you enjoy my project and i thank you so much for dropping by. Hugs








 

2 comments:

  1. they looks awesome I can't wait to do them now...
    But mine are boxes...LOVE love it all the colours the scrabble tiles and the cameo's ...All the tim holtz bit's n pieces oh my god hope we got his collection in my local stores soon hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Carrie you totally took my breath away with this creation. Great idea in using old books. I just wish I could hold it and really look at every single detail. lol

    ReplyDelete